Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STD, but you don’t how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
For the first three months of the year (Q1), you’ll find all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
First Quarter Awareness Months & Days
- Cervical Health Awareness Month – January
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Week – Jan 21-27
- Condom Month – February
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month – February
- International Prenatal Infection Prevention Month – February
- Body Awareness Month – February
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation – Feb 6
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Feb 7
- International Day of Women’s Health – Feb 12
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Day – Feb 12
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month – March
- Endometriosis Awareness Month – March
- Vulval Health Awareness Month – March
- National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 10
- National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 20
- – – -
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!