Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STD, but you don’t how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
For the second three months of the year (Q2), you’ll find all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
Second Quarter Awareness Months & Days
- STD Awareness Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action (SAAM) – April 2
- Infertility Awareness Week – Last week of April
- Hepatitis Awareness Month – May
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month – May
- Masturbation Month (Self-Discovery Month) – May
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day – May 18
- National Hepatitis Testing Day – May 19
- National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – May 19
- National Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMS) Awareness Month – June
- Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – June 8
- Cervical Screening Awareness Week – June 9-15
- National HIV Testing Day – June 27
- – – -
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!