Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STD, but you don’t how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
For the last three months of the year (Q4), you’ll find all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
Fourth Quarter Awareness Months & Days
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month – October
- National Sausage Month (couldn’t help myself!) – October
- LGBT History Month – October
- National Coming Out Day – Oct 11
- National Latino HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Oct 15
- Asexual Awareness Week – Oct 19-25
- Intersex Awareness Day – Oct 26
- National Healthy Skin Month – November
- Intersex Day of Remembrance – Nov 8
- Transgender Day of Remembrance – Nov 20
- World AIDS Day – Dec 1
– – – –
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!