Become an Advocate!
Would you like to promote awareness, education and acceptance too? Say yes.
Maybe you’re living with an STD but not quite ready to run around shouting it from the rooftops like we do. That’s cool with us. Maybe you know someone who’s been affected by an STD, but you don’t know how to help. No matter your motivation, you can lend a hand by becoming an advocate for sexual health, in general. There are oodles of awareness events and tons of corresponding organizations looking for people willing to do as little as socially share the news to as much as contributing time and crowd-sourcing funds.
As fellow advocates, we’ve amassed a list of advocacy months and days to get excited about.
You’ll find our summary of all relevant awareness months and days below.
Check back or bookmark this, because we’ll continue to update our list as we learn of new ways to advocate.
Annual Awareness Months & Days
- Cervical Health Awareness Month – January
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Week – Jan 21-27
- Condom Month – February
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month – February
- Body Awareness Month – February
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation – Feb 6
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Feb 7
- International Day of Women’s Health – Feb 12
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Day – Feb 12
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month – March
- Endometriosis Awareness Month – March
- Vulval Health Awareness Month – March
- National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 10
- National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 20
- STD Awareness Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month – April
- Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action (SAAM) – April 2
- Infertility Awareness Week – Last week of April
- Hepatitis Awareness Month – May
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month – May
- Masturbation Month (Self-Discovery Month) – May
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day – May 18
- National Hepatitis Testing Day – May 19
- National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – May 19
- National Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMS) Awareness Month – June
- Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – June 8
- Cervical Screening Awareness Week – June 9-15
- National HIV Testing Day – June 27
- Tickling (? In my mind, this is TOTALLY sexual ) Month – July
- World Hepatitis Day – July 28
- Orgasm Day – July 31
- Immunization Awareness Month – August
- Gynecological Cancer Month – September
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month – September
- Menopause Awareness Month – September
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month – September
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month – September
- World Sexual Health Day – Sept 4
- Global Female Condom Day – Sept 16
- National HIV/AIDS & Aging Day – Sept 18
- National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Sept 27
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month – October
- National Sausage Month (couldn’t help myself!) – October
- National Latino HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Oct 15
- National Healthy Skin Month – November
- World AIDS Day – Dec 1
- – – -
Do you participate in advocacy events? Have we missed other important sexual health and STD awareness months or days? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!