A Genital Herpes Bucket List ~
Do you have an STD? Do you have an STD and feel like life is over, things will never be the same, the universe hates you, and the world is simultaneously ending?!?
If you answered yes to any of the above, I understand; nevertheless, I am here to tell you, you’re wrong.
Gasp! How could I, right?!?! How insensitive of me.
Well, not really. The deal is…..STDs suck, they aren’t fun, and they’re not something someone ever hopes to get, especially, the ones you’re stuck with for life, like genital herpes.
But, STDs are not the end – even herpes.
They do not mean you cannot be a lawyer, a ninja, Mother Teresa, an athlete, Chuck Norris, the next Oprah, a great mother/father, an American Idol, etc., etc….. I think you get the point. :-)
So, to prove this point, I am going to post my personal ‘genital herpes bucket list’ or rather, Jenelle Marie’s bucket list. As I achieve the items on here, I’ll cross them out – this list isn’t new, so you’ll see I’ve already achieved ninja status.
Well, not really……but I could.
Jenelle Marie’s Bucket List ~
- Travel to Australia and see wild dingos while saying aloud, ‘the dingo ate your ba-bay’!
- Base jump
- Travel to Africa and go on a safari
Start an accounting business
- Volunteer in Africa
- Drink beer with an Irishman in Ireland
Go on a tour of the waterfalls in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Read all the ‘classics’
Start a non-profit business
- Re-learn Spanish to conversational fluency
Work for a Big 4 accounting firm
- Re-learn German enough to travel throughout Germany comfortably
- Swim with dolphins
Audition for American Idol
- Raise my own chickens
- Learn to rollerblade (without breaking my arm again)
- Visit all 50 states
- Go white-water rafting
Live in Eastown (an eclectic hippie-style part of the city just East of Grand Rapids, MI) Get married in Vegas
- Learn sign-language
- Teach myself to play the guitar
Get a big tattoo (2)
- Travel to South America and explore the rainforest
Run a 25k
- Conquer my fear of spiders
- Publish a book
- Learn how to do this – the cyr wheel!?!?!?!! (YouTube awesomeness!)
Skydive (3 times)
- Learn to play piano
Enter into a wet t-shirt contest
- Purchase a home on a body of water
Rescue a puppy
- Donate money to NPR
- Rescue another puppy
Did this inspire you to make a bucket list? What are some of the things you plan to do despite an STD? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!