Want to help eradicate STD stigma? Want to change the way people view you, your loved ones, and all of the people who contract STDs and are living with an STD/STI? Share your story!
An easy-to-use Interview Template
Simply fill in your answers below and send them via the contact form. Your interview will remain anonymous, and what you choose to share with our readers is entirely up to you; your privacy and comfort is our priority – we never share your contact information or other defining characteristics unless you’ve explicitly requested they be included.
If you’d like to include a bio with a link to your blog/twitter/etc., attach that information as well; otherwise, we’ll pick an appropriate picture and leave out the bio portion entirely.
Once you’ve submitted your interview, we’ll contact you to let you know we’ve received your submission, and then please remember to be patient with our publishing process – depending on what’s happening behind the scenes, sometimes it takes a little while for us to schedule your submission (want to help speed up the process? ask about volunteer opportunities), but rest assured, we will definitely include your story (there have not been any we’ve had to turn away).
1. How old are you?
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What STD/STI do you have/have you had?
4. How long have you had or known you have an STD/STI?
5. Do you know how you contracted this STD/STI?
6. How has your life changed since you contracted an STD/STI?
7. Do the people who know you have an STD/STI treat you differently than they treated you before they knew?
8. Are you currently under treatment for your STD/STI? If so, please share whether you have explored prescription medication, over-the-counter medication, or holistic and natural approaches.
9. Has having an STD/STI hindered past relationships?
10. Do you have a significant other? If so, how has this STD/STI affected your partner?
11. Have you been sexually active with someone since contracting an STD/STI whom you did not tell you had an STD/STI?
12. How have you changed as a result of contracting an STD/STI?
13. Why are you choosing to participate in this interview and/or is there anything else you would like to share with us?
Are you someone who loves someone with an STD/STI?
Would you like to share how you feel and your experiences? The People Who Love People with STDs Interview Template is below as well!
Send your answers, a feature picture (if you want your picture shown) and any questions you may have via the contact form.
People Who Love Someone with an STD Template
1. What relation is the person you are writing about (ie. partner, family member, friend, etc.)?
2. What STD(s) does this person have (or has this person had)?
3. How has their STD(s) affected your relationship?
4. Has this impacted your view of STDs? Please explain.
5. If you could change one thing about how people view contracting and/or living with an STD/STI, what would it be?
6. Why have you chosen to participate in these interviews and/or is there anything else you would like to share with the readers?
– – – –
Do you have some additional questions about sharing your story, or suggestions for the questions included in the interviews? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- Guest Posting Policy
- Other Interviews
- STD? What Now? Your Ultimate Reference Guide
- Interested in the Author’s Interview?
- STD/STI Stories
- Want to hear more about About Us and Our Mission?
- Looking for Resources?
- Contact Us