STDTestExpress.com‘s Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Hotline
- Certified STD counselors and physicians are available 7 days a week to answer questions, authorize your tests, review your results with you by phone, and doctors can even call in prescriptions for medication to your local pharmacy. (Most people will want option 1 & then 1.)
American Sexual Health Association’s Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Hotline
- Available Mon-Fri, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (Eastern time), in English. Provides anonymous, confidential information on sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and how to prevent them. Also, provides referrals to clinical and other services.
Planned Parenthood U.S. National Hotline
- Available Mon-Fri or as local center hours permit – call to be directed to a Planned Parenthood near you. Counseling for STDs, pregnancy and other sexual health issues. Sponsored by Planned Parenthood Federation of America
CDC-INFO (Formerly known as the CDC National STD and AIDS Hotline)
1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) l 1-888-232-6348 TTY
- Available 8am-5pm Mon-Fri (Eastern time), in English and Spanish. Counselors available to answer questions about personal health issues, including HIV and other STDs; online zip code tool for finding local HIV and STD testing locations also available at www.hivtest.org and www.findstdtest.org.
Sexual Health Direct – FPA – England & Northern Ireland
(closed on bank holidays and from 3pm-4.30pm on Thursdays)
Northern Ireland 0845 122 8687 - 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Sexual Health Direct are the STD help hotlines run by FPA (The Family Planning Association). They provide confidential information and advice on:
- common sexually transmitted infections
- pregnancy choices, abortion and planning a pregnancy
- sexual health and genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
Marie Stopes International – Australia
Available 24 hours a day. Dr Marie™ offers the highest quality care for you and your loved ones in family planning and sexual health. Whether you need advice or just a quick chat, Dr Marie offers support and essential information regarding abortion, vasectomy, contraception, STI (STD) check-ups for men and women, and unplanned pregnancy help. Marie Stopes International Australia is part of the global Marie Stopes International Partnership – a UK based registered charity providing a full range of reproductive healthcare services in over 40 countries worldwide.
General Hotlines (Some STD help hotlines answers)
NHS Direct – Scotland & Wales
Scotland 08454 24 24 24
Wales 0845 45 47
- NHS Direct is a health advice and information service available 24 hours a day, every day.
Kids Help Phone – Canada
- Canada’s only toll-free, 24-hour, bilingual and anonymous phone counseling, web counseling and referral service for children and youth. Every day, professional counselors provide support to young people across the country. You can also post a question for them to answer online http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/Teens/AskUsOnline.aspx.
Youthline – New Zealand
0800 37 66 33 Or Text 234
- The Help Line is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Youthline provides development opportunities and confidential support for young people from all walks of life all over Aotearoa New Zealand. You can also post a question for them to answer online http://www.youthline.co.nz/contact-us/helpline-services.html.
The Trevor Lifeline
- Available 24 hours a day. Are you going through a difficult time? Feeling confused, lonely or blue? If you’re a person looking for someone to listen and understand without judgment or if you’re feeling suicidal, the Trevor Lifeline is there to help. Don’t have access to a phone or not in a location where you can talk (or are hearing impaired), The Trevor chatline is also available at www.thetrevorproject.org