- The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) is one of the most trusted sources of reliable information on STDs/STIs and sexual health
- The world’s largest medical library – information for consumers and clinicians on prevention and treatment of diseases and conditions.
- Basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases
- An easy to read ‘just the facts’ link addressing common and uncommon STDs
- Information, statistics, STD resources, and treatment guidelines for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) from the CDC’s Division of STD Prevention.
STD/Sexual Health References by Age Group
- Information about STDs, sex education, sexuality, and sexual health advice for teens and young 20′s
- Sexual health answers about the unique challenges, opportunities and the joy of sex and intimacy in your later years
STD/Sexual Health References by Country
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) is one of North America’s oldest national organizations devoted to the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- A sexual health charity providing positive, informed, and non-judgmental sexual health services, education and resources
- A variety of sexual health services that are free and available to everyone regardless of sex, age, ethnic origin and sexual orientation
- Free and confidential sexual health services and advice for young people under 25
- Developed by Marie Stopes International of Australia to provide a comprehensive source of information about sexually transmitted infections and infections of the reproductive system
- Melbourne Sexual Health Centre is a free, walk-in clinic providing testing and treatment for sexually transmissible infections
- A sexual health information site by Marie Stopes International for those under 25
STD References by Type of STD
- Established in January 2008 and is comprised of national non-profit organizations, health care professional associations, advocacy groups, health insurers, and local, state, and federal government representatives
- Comprised of families, friends and medical professionals personally affected by CMV and committed to public education efforts to prevent future cases of the virus
- A registered non-profit organization founded in 1997 by Alan Franciscus and other Hepatitis positive individuals to address the lack of education, support, and services available at that time for the HCV & HBV population
- Dedicated to liver health and the prevention of liver related diseases. They inform and educate by making available reliable and up-to-date facts
- A national non-profit organization solely dedicated to the global problem of hepatitis B. They are dedicated to finding a cure and improving the quality of life for those affected by hepatitis B worldwide
- Their mission is to facilitate, advocate and promote education, support and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease
- The Herpes Resource Center (HRC) focuses on increasing education, public awareness, and support to anyone concerned about herpes.
- The Herpes Viruses Association helps to improve life for people with herpes simplex
- An extensive range of articles relating to the herpes virus including conditions such as genital herpes, cold sores, chickenpox, and shingles
- Their mission is to: Use the Web to lower barriers between patients and clinicians, demystify HIV/AIDS and its treatment, improve the quality of life for all people living with HIV/AIDS, and foster community through human connection
HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- One of North America’s oldest national organizations promoting optimal women’s health through leadership, collaboration, education, research and advocacy in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology
These resources are updated monthly (sometimes daily)! We come across new information and great resources while researching all of the time, but we don’t always catch everything. Should you have a website, a hotline, a testing locator, treatment information, etc. you’d like to suggest we include on these pages, please let us know! We love to hear from our readers and want to include only the most relevant and reputable links available. You can make a suggestion via the STD Forum or privately on our contact form; either way works!
- – - -