US and Global STD Statistics:
- The Most Common STDs and their STD Statistics based on the comprehensive STD list compiled by The STD Project
- STD statistics by state for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis – Numbers gathered from the 2010 CDC census.
- STD Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control, Planned Parenthood and ASHA for STD Awareness Month – sure to inspire you to go get std tested!
- Some of the most recent STD statistics, why you should get tested, & STD resource links.
- The most recent STD statistics from the Hepatitis Foundation International around viral hepatitis statistics and prevalence.
A Little bit about the STD Statistics Included Above:
Keep in mind, not all of the statistics included in these posts and listed above come from the same location. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) reports on a number of STIs/STDs annually, Planned Parenthood distributes facts and statistics about common STDs, The American Social Health Association includes their own grouping of STDs and relevant statistics, The U.S. National Library of Medicine includes statistical information on infectious diseases not traditionally grouped in the sexually transmitted category, and other medical journals supplement statistics not found in any of the four aforementioned locations.
Keeping Our Content Fresh & Accurate:
These posts and pages are updated frequently. Should you have a suggestion for us on improving them or including something you had hoped to find here, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form. We love suggestions and find external input to be our best resource in making The STD Project a high quality reference tool for those who have or think they might have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, those who are living with a sexually transmitted disease or infection, and those who love someone with a sexually transmitted disease or infection.
- – – -