You will be held to these guidelines when using The STD Project’s STD Forum whether or not you read them. Not abiding by the guidelines can result in suspension or termination of your use, and/or a report to your ISP. If another poster isn’t abiding by the rules or is harassing you, please inform us via the contact form right away!
You agree, by registering to use The STD Project’s STD Forum, you will not post any material which is knowingly false or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you, within Fair Use or you have permission of the author to post it.
- Email Addresses: Email addresses are not published on the blog, nor shared, but they are required for posting at this time – to protect your privacy and to reduce the number of trolls perusing the forum we’ve designed as a safe space for you, the STD Forum requires membership for posting.
- Poster Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any forum will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the poster. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the forum.
- Links/Multiple Posts: You may not post multiple, identical or similar topics in different threads or areas (or in the same thread). Please also be mindful if linking to other sites: solicitations, advertisements, product placements, hateful, inflammatory or inaccurate content is not allowed to be posted here.
- How The STD Project Will Respond: Considering the real-time nature of the forums, we cannot review all messages or confirm the validity of all information posted right away. We will respond to your posts within 24 hours or by the end of the next day, whichever is longer. The STD Project will not respond privately via email or other communication methods unless contacted privately via the contact form (or unless explicitly necessary via a problem with a sensitive issue).
- Language and Manners: When posting to the forum, you are expected to be respectful of fellow users; to use language which is clear, not salacious or overly explicit, and which encourages intelligent, safe and mature discussion.
- No Personal Attacks Permitted: Name-calling, abuse or harassment of anyone will result in an immediate termination of use without warning or explanation. The STD Project is a safe space: bigotry is not tolerated here. That includes victim-blaming, character judgments about anyone’s sexual history, ageism, sexism, sizeism and any other -ism which keeps this from being a safe space for any of our users. You are entitled to think whatever you like, but when participating here, you are required to keep the space emotionally safe for everyone. Failure to respect this policy could result in removal, blocked access, or a report to your ISP.
- Posters Blocked: Posts which contain any of the above may be removed or edited at our discretion for your safety and ours. As a private entity, The STD Project reserves the right to delete any message or user for any or no reason whatsoever, without notice or warning at any time.
- What To Do If Your Post Does Not Appear: If you leave a reply or create a thread and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these forum policies, contact us. Do not repeatedly post as we will be further inclined to remove your posts and mark you replies as spam/trolling.
- All Rights Reserved: The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, and move any and all posts. They also have the right to block access to any one or group from posting, or from the entire website, and to report to your ISP.
- Hold Harmless: We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the content of any message that has not been posted by The STD Project. Messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of The STD Project. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The STD Project with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a harassment, complaint, or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- Copyright: Lastly, copyright for all material posted to the forum belongs to The STD Project. Posts may be used by the owner without permission for promotion, articles at or about The STD Project, books and other related works.