The STD Project
The STD Project was launched in April of 2012 during STD Awareness Month by STD+ Founder, Jenelle Marie Pierce. The STD Project is a multi-award-winning independent website and progressive movement eradicating STD stigma by facilitating and encouraging awareness, education, and acceptance through story-telling and resource recommendations.
Taking steps toward modern-day sexual health and prevention by advocating for conscientious and informed decisions, we post interviews with and the stories of those who have sexually transmitted infections or diseases, as well as a plethora of news and resources related to STIs and STDs. On our websites, our YouTube channel, in our podcast, and across all of our social media channels we cover STD testing, treatment, prevention, and more.
Our online static content consists of over 350 comprehensive STD articles, guides and fact sheets, advice answers, extensive external resource lists for each sexually transmitted disease or infection and a growing blog. Our content contributors include leading experts in the fields of sexual health and wellness, obstetrics and gynaecology, urology, and STD testing. Each article is thoroughly researched and fact-checked for accuracy among a large list of global human sexuality educators and reference sites.
We also provide interactive services, referrals to sexual/reproductive healthcare, and global outreach offline through tabling events, project collaboration, research, clinician or staff training, and speaking engagements.
Amassing over 1 million views in its first year, The STD Project now receives over 200,000 views per month with readership in around 190 countries. We welcome all people and all thoughtful opinions regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or experience with an STI/STD.
- National Coalition for Sexual Health (NCSH) – Tri-Chair of the Communications Action Group
- The International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections (IUSTI)
- American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association (ASTDA)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR)
Recent Awards & Recognition*
- 03.15.2018 – Top 40 Sexual Health Blogs and Websites – Feedspot
- 10.31.2017 – Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes – Kinkly
- 10.26.2017 – 25 Best Online Resources for Sexual Health – Analyte Health
- 05.30.2017 – Best STD Blogs of 2017 – Healthline
* For a detailed listing of awards and recognition, please visit our press page!
Love what we do?
Any form of support is greatly appreciated from the gratitude we receive and recommendations of this site to others to your direct donations. If you are interested in supporting our movement so that we can continue to grow and help others contracting a sexually transmitted disease or infection and/or living with a sexually transmitted disease or infection, please contact us or use the secure PayPal donation button below.
Your support will ensure we can continue to provide these services to thousands of readers daily.
– – – –
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Our Branding and Website Design
- Our Logo & Symbol
- Our Goals – A Bucket List
- About Jenelle Marie
- Press Coverage
- Our Contributors
- Our Supporters
- Advertise with Us
- Contact us!