STD Symptoms – Molluscum
The average incubation period is between 2 and 7 weeks but in some cases, it can take up to 6 months for symptoms to appear.
Typically, a small group of painless lesions appears, but sometimes the bumps may itch or feel tender to the touch. The bumps may be alone or in a patch of as many as 20.
Often there are no other symptoms.
The bumps usually are:
- Very small, shiny, and smooth in appearance
- Flesh-colored, white, or pink
- Firm and dome-shaped with a dent or dimple in the middle
- Filled with a central core of waxy material
- Between 2 millimeters (the size of the head of a pin) and 5 millimeters (the size of an eraser on the top of a pencil) in diameter
- Found anywhere except on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet
- On the face, abdomen, torso, arms, legs, inner thigh, groin, buttocks, or genitals
However, those who have a weakened immune system may have symptoms that are more significant. Lesions may be as large as 15 millimeters in diameter, which is about the size of a dime. Their bumps can also appear on the face and are typically resistant to treatment.
Lesions can last from 2 weeks to 4 years (sometimes longer in those with weakened immune systems) – the average is 2 years.
– – – –
Did this help you identify your STD Symptoms? Do you still have questions about your STD symptoms or would you like to share how your symptoms were similar/different? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!