STD Services The STD Project Provides
Online static content: Over 350 comprehensive STI/STD articles, guides and fact sheets, advice answers, extensive external resource lists for each sexually transmitted disease, and a growing blog. Our content is thoroughly researched and fact-checked for accuracy among a large list of global sexual health educators and reference sites.
Interactive STD services: Our platform is highly moderated to provide a safe space that offers accurate information. We also maintain an active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, & LinkedIn as well as hosting a podcast and responding in question and answer forums such as Reddit and Quora.
Referrals: We make referrals to sexual/reproductive healthcare services and references such as: testing centers, hotlines, external forums, blogs, treatment options, educational books, and safer-sex products.
Other outreach: We provide global outreach and education offline through tabling events, project collaboration, research, and clinician or support staff training. Additional outreach opportunities are provided through speaking engagements at colleges, universities, or community centers and conferences for students, parents, the general public, and to fellow sexual health educators.
Have us come speak for your group or at your event!
Sample Speaking Topics:
- Overcoming stigma – history, approaches, coping
- The admin’s personal story (including herpes, HPV, scabies, and vaginitis)
- Covering STDs in depth: how they’re contracted, common symptoms
- Safer-sex practices: which sexual activities expose someone to which STDs, ways to mitigate risk
- STI myth vs. fact: common misconceptions and statistics
- STD Interviews – stories from around the globe
- Living, dating, and overcoming stigma after an STD diagnosis
- The STD Project – Mission, Vision, Goals, Community Impact: who we help and why
To learn more about our progress, please see our goals page!
Love what we do?
Any form of support is greatly appreciated from the gratitude we receive and recommendations of this site to others to your direct donations. If you are interested in supporting our work so that we can continue to grow and help others who have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection, please use the secure PayPal donation button below.
Your support will ensure we can continue to provide these services to thousands of readers daily.
– – – –