If you think you may have contracted an STD (a sexually transmitted disease or infection), this guide will help you walk through the steps of learning about what you might have been exposed to, researching symptoms, looking at pictures, and getting tested to be sure.
This is a compilation post, so we’ll be updating it as new posts are written that relate to what you should look into if you think you’ve been exposed to an STD/STI.
You can always ask questions in the comments section below or post in the forum for additional information as well.
What You Need to Know
- STD vs. STI – what’s the difference?
- Your risk of infection based on specific sexual activities
- STI statistics
- Comprehensive STI List
- Can You Get an STD from a Toilet or Shower?
- Safer Sex Myths
- Difference Between: HIV/AIDS, HSV1/HSV2, HIV/HCV
- What is My Risk of Contracting Herpes?
Symptoms of STDs/STIs
- Normal genital variations commonly mistaken for an STI
- STD/STI Symptoms – Overview Page
- Pictures of STIs – displaying common visual symptoms
- STI Briefs
- Detailed Symptoms by STI: Chancroid, Chlamydia, CMV, Genital Warts, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Herpes, HIV, HPV, Intestinal Parasites, LGV, Molluscum, Mono, Mycoplasma, PID, Pubic Lice, Scabies, Syphilis, Trich, Vaginitis
- STI In-Depths
- The Most Common STI Symptoms
- Early HIV Symptoms
- Should You Get STI Testing Done?
- STD/STI Testing – Resources and Personal Experiences
- When to get tested for STIs – based on when you were exposed
- Fast, Affordable & Private STI Testing
- Free or Income-Based STI Testing Globally
- Everything you need to know about the reliability and accuracy of at home STD test options
- What it’s like to get tested for STIs
- A counselor’s perspective on STI testing
- Hotlines – to answer your questions about symptoms and testing
- How to get tested in the UK
- Testing for Hepatitis C – Diagnostic & Evaluative
Was this post helpful and something you bookmarked? Was there something missing from our list you weren’t able to find? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!